Here is a complete breakdown of Coach Amanda’s day of eating!
7:00 – 7:30am
- Coffee with a teaspoon of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- Vanilla proteins and greens Power Shake
- String Cheese
- Honey crisp apple
- 310 calories
- 44.6 carbs
- 27.5 proteins
- 3 fats
- Turkey Meatballs (my special recipe)
- Fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil
- Cottage cheese
2:00 – 2:30pm
- Green Tea
- Raw Honey
- 1 scoop Collagen Peptides
- Triple Zero yogurt
- Cranberry almond cashews mixed in
- 818 Calories
- 73.8 carbs
- 64.4 proteins
- 27.6 fats
- Salsa Chicken (made with fresh salsa black beans) served over a bed of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 c brown rice
- Cottage cheese
- 259 calories
- Carbs: 33.6
- Protein: 17.3
- Fats: 11.1
- 1481 calories
- 152g carbs
- 109g protein
- 41g fat
This is a pretty typical day for me. Some things to note are:
- I eat the portion of my carbs during the afternoon. I try not to eat fats around my work outs.
- I try to eat whole, organic, unprocessed food as much as possible. Some days catch me off guard, that’s life and I just work around it.
- My sugar for the day is very low.
- I eat with 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fats. What I eat depends on my activity level. If I were training for a competition, I would change up my macronutrients to reflect that.
- I try and meal prep at the beginning of the week and then eat the same things throughout the week. I am a creature of habit and consistency helps keep me on track. Plus I’m boring sometimes when it comes to food.
- I don’t drink on a regular basis but if I do have a beer or cocktail, I make sure to drink a full glass of water before and after each drink.
Nutrition is the most powerful thing you can do to be healthy. For those struggling to clean up their diet, once you cut out that sugar, you will definitely see a huge decrease in the craving for it. Also, accountability is key on staying on track. Just knowing someone is there to review my food logs and to talk about different food swaps I could make to maybe give me more energy-helps a ton in the journey of health and wellness. If you need some guidance don’t hesitate to shoot me an email!